To follow up on our earlier post this week- Here is a list of great meditation apps that can help you incorporate meditation into your daily routine:
1. Headspace: Headspace offers guided meditations for beginners and experienced practitioners alike. It provides a variety of meditation courses, sleep sounds, and mindfulness exercises to help reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
2. Calm: Calm is a popular meditation app that offers guided meditations, sleep stories, breathing exercises, and relaxing music. It also provides programs for stress reduction, better sleep, and improved focus.
3. Insight Timer: Insight Timer offers a vast library of guided meditations from various teachers and traditions. It includes features like customizable meditation timers, ambient sounds, and a community aspect where you can connect with other meditators.
4. 10% Happier: Developed by ABC News anchor Dan Harris, 10% Happier offers guided meditations and mindfulness exercises designed to make meditation more accessible and practical for busy individuals. It also includes video lessons and interviews with meditation experts.
5. Buddhify: Buddhify is a meditation app that focuses on integrating mindfulness into different aspects of daily life. It offers guided meditations for various activities like walking, commuting, and working, making it suitable for those seeking mindfulness on the go.
6. Smiling Mind: Smiling Mind is an app designed to introduce mindfulness and meditation to individuals of all ages, including children and teenagers. It provides guided meditations tailored to different age groups and specific life situations.
7. Stop, Breathe & Think: This app encourages users to check in with their emotions and offers personalized meditation recommendations based on their current state of mind. It includes guided meditations, breathing exercises, and tools for tracking progress.
8. Oak: Oak is a simple and straightforward meditation app that offers guided breathing exercises, meditations, and unguided sessions with customizable durations. It also includes background sounds like rain and campfire for a more immersive experience.
Remember to explore these apps and find the one that resonates with you the most. Each app offers unique features and styles of meditation, so it’s essential to find the one that aligns with your preferences and goals.
Melinda Howe MNA, CRNA, FNP-C